- America’s first true Silver Dollar.
- The Spanish Milled Dollar became the most utilized money of the era.
- Mined and minted at silver-rich Spanish cities from Mexico to Peru since 1500. This example was struck at Mexico City.
- The Spanish Milled Dollar was the coin upon which the United States dollar was based, and it remained legal tender in the US until the Coinage act of 1857.
- The obverse portrays the Pillars of Hercules surrounding crowned, conjoined globes and ocean waves below, hence the name “Pillar Dollar” and was valued at 8 reales or better known as “Piece of eight,” when the coin was cut up to make a smaller denomination.
We guarantee all of our coins, so your purchase and satisfaction are always secure.